Application for a New Premises Licence for Azzurri Hairstylists, Unit 3, Abbey House, 9a Cooper Street, Manchester, M2 2FW.
The report of the Head of Planning, Building Control and Licensing is attached.
The Applicant confirmed they were willing to put forward an amendment to the application to reduce the area for which they were applying for the licence to only the ground floor and not the first floor as per the original application and plans submitted.
The Committee heard from the applicant that they were also willing to reduce the hours to fall into line with the operating hours for the barbers. The applicant also stated they agreed it would not be suitable to allow drinking outside and that they would like to put in place a challenge 25 policy as suggested by Trading Standards.
After being questioned on a number of matters by the Responsible Authorities and the Committee members it became clear that the applicant had made some errors in submitting the application however that he had a good understanding of the licensing objectives and was willing to agree to a number of conditions to satisfy the concerns of the objectors.
The applicant also confirmed that the supply of alcohol would only be ancillary to the service they offered as a barbers and they would be willing to have a condition on the licence confirming the same.
Having heard from and then questioned the applicant each of the Responsible Authorities then confirmed that they would now be in agreement to the application being granted with the reduced hours put forward and further conditions added to the licence.
Taking all of the representations into account the Committee were satisfied that the licensing objectives’ would be upheld if the licence was granted with the reduced hours and additional conditions agreed at Committee.
To grant the application for the ground floor area of the premises only and subject to the amended hours and additional conditions agreed with the responsibility authorities at the hearing.
Hours for the supply of alcohol for consumption on the premises only:
· Monday to Friday 0900 to 1900
· Saturday 0900 to 1700
1. The premises shall install and maintain a CCTV system.
2. No alcohol shall be taken outside the premises or be consumed in the outside areas of the premises.
3. The supply of alcohol shall only be to customers receiving a treatment and any person or persons accompanying them.
4. Staff shall monitor customers smoking outside the premises on a regular basis and ensure patrons do not cause a public nuisance.
5. The premises and immediate surrounding area shall be kept clean and free from litter at all times the premises is open to the public.
6. The Challenge 25 scheme must be operated to ensure that any person who appears to be under the age of 25 shall provide documented proof that he/she is over 18 years of age. Proof of age shall only comprise a passport, photo card driving licence, an HM Forces warrant card, or a card bearing the PASS hologram.
7. In addition to any other training, the premises licence holder shall ensure all staff are trained to prevent underage sales, to be aware of and prevent proxy sales, to maintain the refusals log, enter sales correctly on the tills so the prompts show as appropriate and monitor staff to ensure their training is put into practice. Documented records of training completed shall be kept for each member of staff. Training shall be regularly refreshed and at no greater than 6 monthly intervals.
- Azzuri report, item 90. PDF 345 KB
- 227312 Appendix 1 (PUBLISH), item 90. PDF 267 KB
- 227312 Appendix 2 (PUBLISH), item 90. PDF 120 KB
- Restricted enclosure View the reasons why document 90./4 is restricted
- 227312 Appendix 3 (PUBLISH), item 90. PDF 32 KB
- 227312 Appendix 4 (PUBLISH), item 90. PDF 9 KB