Greater Manchester Transport Committee - Roles and Responsibilities
Decision Maker: Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Council considered a report proposing the establishment of the Greater Manchester Transport Committee.
(1) To approve the establishment of the new Greater Manchester Transport Committee as a joint committee of the 10 districts, Greater Manchester Combined Authority and Mayor.
(2) To approve the Terms of Reference and Operating Agreement for the Committee as set out in Schedule 1 of the report.
(3) To delegate the functions as set out in the Terms of Reference to the Greater Manchester Transport Committee.
(4) To appoint two members to the Transport Committee for 2019 – 2020, one being the Executive Member for Environment, Planning an Transport, and one other Councillor as recommended by the Constitutional and Nomination Committee.
(5) To appoint as a substitute for the Executive Member the Assistant Executive Member for Environment, Planning and Transport, and to appoint another Councillor as the second substitute as recommended by the Constitutional and Nomination Committee.
Publication date: 01/07/2019
Date of decision: 15/05/2019
Decided at meeting: 15/05/2019 - Council