We the undersigned petition the Council to continue to massively reduce the usage of cars in the city centre area, and promoting the right of way of pedestrians and cyclists in the area, taking steps in a phased approach such as:
- installing more zebra crossings and rephasing existing pedestrian crossings to give more time and priority for pedestrians to cross
- making every other street in the city centre grid layout traffic free as far as possible
- only allowing buses, taxis, blue badges and delivery vehicles into the city centre with the exception of residents
- improve public transport connections across the city centre
- make the inner ring road one way for all traffic, making one half of the road into a tree-lined pedestrian/cycle path with access for emergency vehicles only
- demolish the multi-storey NQ car park and turn the area into a public park
All the above measures would make the city centre a safer and
more pleasant environment for pedestrians and cyclists, who make up
a large proportion of road users in this area but are forced onto
narrow pavements or to wait too long for a handful of people to
drive past in cars at every junction.
This ePetition runs from 19/01/2024 to 19/03/2024.
One person has signed this ePetition.