New Premises Licence – Determination: Oktoberfest Marquee within Mayfield, Baring Street, Manchester, M1 2PY
The Committee considered all the representations as part of the hearing. In reaching its decision the Committee also considered the Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy, the Licensing Act 2003, the Regulations made there under, the Guidance issued by the Secretary of State under Section 182 of that Act and the Licensing Objectives.
The Committee noted that agreement had been reached between the Applicant and the Responsible Authorities who had made representations. The matter was therefore treated as a determination.
To grant the application subject to the following conditions agreed with the Responsible Authorities (as set out below):
Licensing and Out of Hours Compliance:
- Staff shall be provided with comprehensive training in preventing drunkenness; drug policy; managing and resolving conflict; emergency procedures; complying with the licence conditions; and obligations and offences under the Licensing Act that apply to the sale of alcohol.
- Staff training will include the Challenge 25 policy and its operation. In particular staff will be trained to take such action as is necessary to prevent the sale of alcohol to persons over the age of 18 where those customers are engaged in the distribution of alcohol to persons under the age of 18.
- The training will be given to a new member of staff before they commence paid employment.
- Documented records of training completed shall be kept for each member of staff. Training records shall be made available for inspection upon request by a police officer or an authorised officer of Manchester City Council.
- The Designated Premises Supervisor shall ensure that a written notice of authority is kept at the premises for all staff who sell alcohol. The notice shall be made available for inspection upon request of the police or an authorised officer of the licensing authority and all staff selling alcohol must be in possession of formal identification to enable to verify their identity against the notice.
- A personal licence holder will be present at each point alcohol is available for purchase at all times the premises is open to the public.
- The premises shall install and maintain a comprehensive digital colour CCTV system. All public areas of the licensed premises, including all public entry and exit points. The CCTV cameras shall continually record whilst the premises are open to the public and recording shall be kept available and unedited for a minimum of 28 days with the date and time stamping.
- A staff member who is conversant with the operation of the CCTV system shall be present on the premises at all times when they are open to the public and must be able to produce / download / burn CCTV images upon request by a police officer or an authorised officer of the licensing authority. Any footage must be in a format so it can be played back on a standard personal computer or standard DVD player. Where the recording is on a removable medium (i.e. compact disc, flash card etc.), a secure storage system to store those recording mediums shall be provided.
- Door Supervisors shall be employed at the premises in accordance with a risk assessment, to be carried out by the designated premises supervisor. When employed, door staff will wear high visibility armbands.
- Open containers of alcohol shall not be removed from the premises, save for consumption in any delineated external area.
- The premises shall display prominent signage indicating at any point of sale that the Challenge 25 scheme is in operation.