New Premises Licence - Determination - Steakout 212, 36B - 36C Derby Street, Manchester M8 8RY
The Committee considered all the representations as part of the hearing. In reaching its decision the Committee also considered the Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy, the Licensing Act 2003, the Regulations made there under, the Guidance issued by the Secretary of State under Section 182 of that Act and the Licensing Objectives.
The Committee noted that agreement had been reached between the Applicant and the Responsible Authorities who had made representations. The matter was therefore treated as a determination.
Licensing and Out of Hours Compliance:
To grant the application subject to the following conditions agreed with the Responsible Authorities (as set out below):
1) All public areas of the licensed premises, including all public entry and exit points, and the street environment will be covered, enabling facial Identification of every person entering in any light condition. The CCTV Cameras shall continually record while the premises are open to the public and recording shall be kept available and unedited for a minimum of  days with the date and time stamping.
A staff member who is conversant with the operation of the CCTV system shall be present on the premises at all times when they are open to the public and must be able to produce/download/ burn CCTV images upon reasonable request by a police officer or an authorised officer of the licensing authority.
Any footage must be in a format that can be played back on a standard personal computer or standard DVD player.
2) At the end of trading each day, the pavement from the building line to the kerb edge immediately outside the premises, including gutter/channel at its junction with the kerb edge, shall be swept or washed, and litter and sweepings collected and stored in accordance with the approved waste storage arrangements.
3) All takeaway packaging and wrappers shall clearly identify the premises, ie. by way of company logo or name.
4) The premises and immediate surrounding area shall be kept clean and free from litter at all times the premises are open to the public. Litter bins shall be provided at the premises in sufficient capacity to ensure that customers can adequately dispose of any litter.
5) Deliveries to the premises shall be conducted in a manner that will not cCause a nuisance to the occupiers of any residential properties surrounding the delivery address and deliveries shall be made at a time which will not lead to any public nuisance.
6) All employees will be vigilant and monitor the area immediately outside the shop to ensure that members of the public do not cause annoyance by congregating.
7) Licence holder shall ensure all licensing objectives are known to employees and followed.
8) The Premises Licence holder will operate a zero tolerance approach towards drunken and anti-social behaviour.
9) The Premises Licence holder will ensure that prominent, clear and legible notices are displayed at all exits to the premises requesting the public to respect the needs of local residents and to leave the premises and the area quietly.
10)The Premises Licence holder will ensure that no children under the age of 16 will be allowed on the premises after 23:00hrs unless accompanied by adult.
11) All training will be documented, signed and dated
and refreshed at least every 12months, and will be made available
to authorised officers upon request. Training shall consist of the
- Recognising signs of drunkenness and Drugs
- How to refuse service
- Conflict Management