Application for a Temporary Event Notice for the Church Hall, Unit 9 Vaughan Street Industrial Estate, Manchester, M12 5BT
The Committee considered an application for a Temporary Event Notice in respect of the Church Hall, Unit 9 Vaughan Street Industrial Estate, Manchester, M12 5BT.
The Committee heard the submission for the applicant and representations from objectors to the proposal.
In reaching its decision the Committee has also considered the Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy, the Licensing Act 2003, the Regulations made there under and the Guidance issued by the Secretary of State under Section 182 of that Act and the
The Committtee considered that if the event took place it would undermine the licensing objectives of the prevention of crime and disorder, prevention of public nuisance and the protection of children from harm.
The Committee considered that the applicant had paid little or no regard to advice and warnings which had been given by Responsible Authorities. The Committee was particularly concerned that an event had recently taken place in breach of a counter notice having been issued.
The Committee did not accept the explanation given by the applicant that the event which had been applied for had been cancelled and had not taken place but another event was held.
The Committee considered that the applicant had deliberately flouted the Counter Notice.
The Committee was not satisfied that adequate steps would be put in place to control the event properly so as to ensure the licensing objectives would be upheld and therefore considered it appropriate to issue a counter notice.
To issue a counter notice.
- Church Hall TEN report, item 102. PDF 238 KB
- LOOH Objection to TEN Church Hall Unit 9 Vaughan Street Indusrtial Estate, item 102. PDF 434 KB
- Restricted enclosure View the reasons why document 102./3 is restricted
- Additional Information - PUBLISH, item 102. PDF 631 KB
- AM Counter Notice - Redacted, item 102. PDF 227 KB
- Appendix 1 - Location Photo, item 102. PDF 112 KB
- Restricted enclosure View the reasons why document 102./7 is restricted
- Appendix 2 - Application - PUBLISH, item 102. PDF 17 KB
- Appendix 3 - Rep GMP, item 102. PDF 478 KB
- Charity Commission, item 102. PDF 80 KB
- Warning 1, item 102. PDF 118 KB
- Warning 1b, item 102. PDF 131 KB
- Warning 2, item 102. PDF 118 KB
- Warning 2b, item 102. PDF 131 KB
- Warning 3 - Redacted - Business Rates Information, item 102. PDF 31 KB
- Warning 3, item 102. PDF 31 KB
- Warning 4, item 102. PDF 30 KB