Agenda and minutes
Personnel Committee - Wednesday, 14th November, 2018 10.10 am
Venue: Council Chamber, Level 2, Town Hall Extension
Contact: Donna Barnes
To agree the minutes of the meeting held on 17 October 2018 as a correct record
To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 17 October 2018.
The report of the Chief Executive is enclosed.
The Committee considered a report of the Chief Executive regarding the recruitment to the post of Executive Director Strategic Commissioning (with DASS responsibilities). The report sets out proposals to recruit to the vacancy as well as to ensure appropriate leadership arrangements are in place in the interim.
The report stated that the post will be recruited to on the terms of the previous appointment, as the Strategic Commissioner within Manchester Health and Care Commissioning (MHCC). The postholder will operate within MHCC on a day to day basis, whilst also holding the Council’s designated statutory functions as the Director of Adult Social Services (DASS) discharging the duties in relation to this post as set out in the Local Authority Social Services Act.
The Committee agreed the recommendations.
1. To note that the post of Executive Director Strategic Commissioning (with DASS responsibilities) has become vacant.
2. To agree the establishment an Appointments Sub-committee to comprise of Councillors Craig, Leech, Midgley,S Murphy and Ollerhead to progress all aspects of the recruitment and to act as the appointment panel for the appointment of a new Executive Director of Strategic Commissioning.
3. To agree the quorum of three members for any meetings of the sub-committee.
4. To agree the co-option of the Chief Officer for Manchester Health and Care Commissioning as advisor to the appointment panel.
5. To agree to delegate authority to the Appointments Sub-committee to agree an updated Role Profile as a basis for recruitment in-line with the previously agreed remuneration package for the post.
6. To note that, pending a permanent appointment, the Director of Adult Social Care will be asked to act up to cover the DASS functions and delegate authority to the Chief Executive, in consultation with the Executive Member for Adults Health and Wellbeing, to determine the detail of these arrangements.
To recommend to Council that during the period of
act-up the Director Social Care be paid the bottom SCP of the
evaluated grade (SS5) for the Executive Director post, an annual
salary of £121,692.
8. To agree to redesignate the job title of the Head of Quality Assurance for Safeguarding within the Children’s Services Directorate to Strategic Lead for Safeguarding and Practice Improvement.