Wynnstay Grove Public Space Protection Order (2019/01/08A)
Decision Maker: Strategic Director (Neighbourhoods)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To grant a Public Space Protection Order to address anti-social behaviour outside the Marie Stopes Abortion Clinic on Wynnstay Grove.
The Strategic Director (Neighbourhoods) agrees to make a Public Spaces Protection Order in respect of Wynnstay Grove for a maximum of 3 years and authorises the advertisement of Public Spaces Protection Orders (PSPOs) in respect of the Wynnstay Grove area of Fallowfield, that being:-
No person shall in a public place in the Restricted Area:
1. protest, namely engage in any act of approval / disapproval or attempted act of approval / disapproval, with respect to issues related to abortion services by any means. This includes but is not limited to graphic, verbal or written means, prayer or counselling.
2. interfere, or attempt to interfere, whether verbally or physically, with a staff member or service user of the Centre.
3. intimidate or harass, or attempt to intimidate or harass, a staff member or service user of the Centre.
4. record or photograph a staff member or service user of the Centre without the explicit consent of that person.
5. display any text or images relating directly or indirectly to the termination of pregnancy.
6. distribute any text or images relating directly or indirectly to the termination of pregnancy.
7. play amplified music, voice or audio recordings with respect to the approval or disapproval of abortion services.
These requirements will apply to the whole of the Restricted Area as defined by section 74(1) of the Act, on the whole of Wynnstay Grove and the whole of Wilmslow Road from its junction with Willow Bank (from the southern boundary of 336 Wilmslow Road - "McDonalds" - and the southern boundary of 361 Wilmslow Road) to its junction with Sherwood Street (from the southern boundary of 304 Wilmslow Road - the 'Orange Grove' apartments) and Ladybarn Road (the southern boundary of 331 Wilmslow Road).
Publication date: 02/10/2020
Date of decision: 01/10/2020