Council Constitution 2019/20
Decision Maker: Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Leader of the Council moved the recommendations in the City Solicitor’s report about amendments and revisions to the Constitution.
(1) To adopt, subject to 3 below, the attached Parts of the Constitution of the Council, namely –
Part 3, Section F
Part 4, Section A
(2) To agree that the City Solicitor may make such consequential amendments to other Parts of the Constitution as may be required to reflect the changes made to the Parts referred to in 1 above;
(3) To note that, in relation to Part 3, that responsibility for the discharge of executive functions and the delegation of such responsibility rests with the Leader of the Council and that the recommended delegations of executive functions as set out in the attached Part 3, Section F (Scheme of Delegation to Officers) are for the information of the Council only;
(4) To note that the Leader has approved the delegations of executive functions contained in Part 3, Section F and has agreed that the City Solicitor may make any consequential amendments to Part 3, Section A (Local Choice Functions) of the Constitution, insofar as they relate to executive functions; and
(5) To note that the report submitted represents an interim review of the Constitution and a report on a full review will be brought to the Council’s October meeting.
Publication date: 01/07/2019
Date of decision: 15/05/2019
Decided at meeting: 15/05/2019 - Council